Bed bugs are pests which feed exclusively on blood, but tend to prefer human blood, and also transfer pathogens. They are common hold pest and can lay more than 500 eggs in a lifetime. Bed bug infestations are mostly present in bed boards, picture frames, bed sheets, mattresses. They cause a nuisance to the public as they are also found in hotels, especially traveling lounges where people rest. Once People notice signs of bed bugs, they always call a professional bed bug extirminator who takes care of the job. But there are simple ways to get to exterminate these pests before they become an infestation.
- Check around your bed sheets and mattress for reddish-brown insects. You should also take a look at the seams as they tend to grow there.
- During the day check beneath your mattress and the furniture and little spaces within a short distance from the bed.
- Avoid leaving your luggage on the bed or floor as they tend to stick on luggage and this would prevent them from leaping onto your beds or sleeping environment.
- When washing your bed sheets make sure the water is of very high temperature
- Make sure you carefully inspect any second-hand furniture or mattress you purchase as they tend to hide within them.
- After sheltering a guest in your home, make sure to wash all beddings like said above and check around for signs of bedbugs
- Make sure to observe a hygienic and tidy environment, which apparently leaves little or no spaces for bed bugs. By following this bug extermination guide you can protect your family against bed bug infections.
Note: In case of bedbug infestation, an experienced bed bug extirminator may be needed to completely exterminate these pests.